Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not for nothin':

So here we are...it's the Holiday season. Fuck.

It's practically a death wish to venture off doing normal routine anything, at least it seems that way. I can't stand the cavalcade of idiots which are going to be running rampant over the next few weeks. From grocery shopping; to holiday shopping. Meh.

Also, I have fucking JURY DUTY starting tomorrow. I'm
miffed about it. I really don't want to
do it. Ah well.

This past Saturday was the annual Parker's Maple Barn breakfast with the guys and company. The turnout was actually subpar, compared to years prior. I am
not sure if it is lack of interest or communication. Basically, I think we are all older now and the tradition seems less and less relevant to our lives. Since high school, we've practiced this tradition. It's sort of a
promise to ourselves.. And now..it's more of an argument..or testament, rather..to the lack of foresight we had as young men. Hah.

But there was this great sign! It seemed all too
fitting, considering the circumstances.


Well..after that I took the long drive to pick up some Hanabi's off this kid Josh. He was a nice guy. The deal worked out pretty well. It was a straight up trade. That killed a few hours. Following the drive, Candy and I went to Lui Lui's for some dinner. It was alright.

After that we stopped at Home Depot to get chicken wire for the Christmas Tree that we decided to make this year. We got home and started. It was a very painstaking process. It took us the better part of 2 hours. I'm not entirely sure of how satisfied Candy is with it..but I like the way it came out. I think it is complimented very well by our living room. Maybe it's just me? Here are a few pics. One with my phone, one with the Sony.


So after that..we spent some time looking to see if we could find "The Dressing" episode of ATHF..but unfortunately... to no avail. So we cut our losses and watched some Peanuts. Called it a pretty early night and hit the hay shortly after. I am just really beat as of recent. I can't seem to shake this sleepiness. And that is very uncharacteristic of me. Idk..




Well....that about sums it up. Check out the hatch in her natural environment. Just like Mother Nature had intended.. :-)

4 comments: